Optimum Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older who are registered Petbarn Friends for Life Club members or who sign up to become a Friends for Life Club member during the Promotion Period (but before making a Qualifying Purchase) and who have a valid phone number or email address associated with their membership (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this promotion, the participating outlets and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. "Associated companies" includes without limitation, the agents and contractors of the Promoter that are involved in: (a) the promotion or development of the promotion; and (b) the manufacturer or distribution of the Promoter's products.
- By entering the promotion individuals represent that they are eligible to enter the promotion based on these Terms and Conditions.
- Outlets participating in this Promotion are Petbarn stores located in Australia (including the online store available at www.petbarn.com.au) (“Participating Outlets”). Participating Outlets will display promotion materials.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am AEDT on 10/10/2016 and concludes at 11.59pm AEDT on 30/10/2016 (“Promotion Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, purchase any two (2) or more OPTIMUMTM cat or dog food products in one (1) transaction from a Participating Outlet (“Qualifying Purchase”) and have their Friends for Life Club card scanned or provide their Friends for Life Club membership details at time of making the Qualifying Purchase.
- One (1) entry into the Prize Draw (as defined in paragraph 10) will be automatically recorded for each Qualifying Purchase, up to a limit of one (1) entry per day and 10 entries per Eligible Entrant/Friends for Life Club membership during the Promotion Period.
- Entrants can only enter the promotion in their own name, using their own Friends for Life Club membership.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries before a prize is awarded. If the items required by the Promoter are not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the entry(s) submitted by the entrant will be deemed invalid.
PRIZE DRAW & PRIZE INFORMATION
- A random electronic prize draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEDT on 08/11/2016 (“Prize Draw”) at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141 (“Draw Location”) from all entries received in the Promotion.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the Prize Draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a Prize is not claimed in accordance these Terms and Conditions (“Reserve Entries”).
- The first three (3) valid Eligible Entrants drawn in the Prize Draw will each win a trip for two (2) people (the winner and one (1) nominated companion) to the OPTIMUMTM picnic with Dr Chris Brown in Sydney, NSW including:
- return economy class airfares from the winner’s nearest Australian state/territory capital city to Sydney, NSW (if required);
- return airport/hotel transfers in Sydney (if required);
- two (2) nights four (4) star accommodation in Bondi (one (1) standard twin-share room) checking in on 04/12/2016 and checking out on 06/12/2016 (accommodation establishment to be determined in the Promoter’s discretion);
- access to the OPTIMUMTM picnic on 05/12/2016, including a gourmet picnic hamper (hamper inclusions to be determined in the Promoter’s discretion); and
- return transfers between the accommodation establishment and the OPTIMUMTM picnic,
- If a winner resides in New South Wales, flights and airport/hotel transfers will not be included in the Prize and the winner and their companion will be required to make their own way to and from the accommodation establishment at their own expense in order to participate in the Prize.
- Each Prize is valued at up to $5,000 RRP (including GST) depending on the winner’s nearest Australian state/territory capital city airport.
- Each Prize must be travelled from 04/12/2016 to 06/12/2016 inclusive. The travel itinerary for each Prize is to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- A Prize winner’s nominated companion may be under 18 years of age on the condition the respective Prize winner agrees to act as their companion’s guardian for the duration of the Prize trip.
- The Promoter will endeavour to fulfil the Prize as described, however, if Dr Chris Brown’s schedule changes due to unforeseen circumstances then Dr Chris Brown’s attendance at the picnic will not be included in the Prize.
- Travel is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation provider.
- All aspects of each Prize (including travel and accommodation) are for two (2) people travelling together at all times.
- Frequent flyer points will not form part of a Prize.
- Each Prize (or component of a Prize) must be taken as stated and may not be varied. Prizes (or component of a Prize) are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes cannot be exchanged for other travel, flights or accommodation at other destinations. All components of a Prize must be taken together as a single trip to be booked by the Promoter. Once a Prize is booked, no changes can be made.
- Prize participants must hold a valid credit card and present it on check in at the accommodation establishment to cover any incidental hotel charges (including, unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, but not limited to, all meals, spending money, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls and all other ancillary costs).
- Prizes do not (except as expressly stated) include:
- any transport between a traveller’s residence and the departure airport (if applicable);
- any overnight accommodation while travelling to the departure airport or destination (if applicable);
- any other travel or accommodation;
- any incidental accommodation charges (such as mini-bar charges, telephone calls, in house movies, food and beverages);
- any insurance (such as travel or health cover), however the Promoter requires the Prize participants cover themselves with travel insurance valid for interstate travel (if applicable). Receipt of insurance for all persons travelling must be supplied to the Promoter prior to travel. Should a Prize winner or their travelling companion fail to take out travel insurance, the Promoter will require them to sign a waiver prior to travel;
- any other spending money, meals or ancillary costs which may be incurred by those travelling.
- Participation in a Prize is subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by those involved in providing other goods or services included in the Prizes (“Third Party Terms”).
- Prize participants are responsible for compliance with all applicable Third Party Terms and bear all risks associated with failure to comply with any of them. They will be required to maintain an acceptable standard of behaviour while a participant in the Prize. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to a Prize winner and/or nominated travel companion who, as a result of any failure to comply with any Third Party Terms:
- is unable to participate in the Prize (or any part of it); or
- suffers any other loss or damage.
- In the event that for any reason a Prize winner and/or nominated companion do not take an element of a Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Prize winner and/or nominated companion and compensation will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize.
- No compensation or alternative travel plans will be arranged should a Prize winner and/or their nominated companion miss any flights or fail to meet any check in requirements for any reason. These costs will be the responsibility and expense of the winner.
- Prizes cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged, or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If a Prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- The winners will be notified by phone and email and their name and postcode will be advertised in The Australian on 18/11/2016.
RE-DRAW (IF ANY)
- If any Prize remains unclaimed at 11.00am AEDT on 28/11/2016, a replacement winner will be drawn from the Reserve Entries. If there are no available reserve entries, a re-draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEDT on 28/11/2016 at the Draw Location from all remaining eligible entries received in the Prize Draw, subject to any directions given by the relevant lotteries or gaming authorities (“Re-Draw”).
- The Re-Draw winner/s (if any) will be notified in writing and by phone and advertised in The Australian on 30/11/2016.
- Total prize pool is valued at up to AUD$15,000 RRP (including GST).
- As a condition of accepting a Prize, each Prize winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize providers in their absolute discretion.
- If for whatever reason the specified Prize (or component of a Prize) is unavailable, except in accordance with paragraph 16, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value subject to the directions by relevant lotteries or gaming authorities.
- All costs associated or arising in connection with a Prize are the responsibility of the respective Prize winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax obligations which may arise for a Prize winner. The Promoter recommends that independent financial advice be sought.
- The Promoter, the Promoter's related entities and all agencies associated with the promotion are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or participating in a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, liability is limited to the cost of replacing the Prize/benefit won.
- If more than one person attempts to claim a Prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
- how to access the Personal Information that is held by Petbarn and seek correction of such information; and
- how to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered privacy code that binds Petbarn, and how Petbarn will deal with such a complaint
- Should an entrant's Personal Information change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify Petbarn by updating the details in their Friends For Life Club account by following the links at https://www.petbarn.com.au/loyalty-program
- Entrants' Personal Information may be disclosed to the Promoter and the Promoter’s contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions and/or any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or draw mechanism. By entering the promotion, entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information to determine whether any tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process has occurred. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or draw mechanism.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or entries not received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available, or a Participating Outlet will be open, at all times during the Promotion Period. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical problems or other malfunctions which may occur in relation to internet, network or network congestion, including problems with the transmission of entries or injury or damage to a participant or their computer related to entry in this promotion. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Participating Outlets’ database.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by the relevant regulatory authorities), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the promotion, Prize winners agree to the use of their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agree that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photographs.
- The Promoter is Mars Australia Pty Ltd trading as Mars Petcare Australia, ABN 48 008 454 313, 1 Petcare Place, Wodonga, VIC 3690 (“Promoter”).
Authorised under Permit Numbers – NSW LTPS/16/06436, ACT TP 16/01611 & SA T16/1450..