Dear Pet Parents,
I am reaching out to you and all the pet parents who are part of our Petbarn and Greencross Vets community to assure you that the health and safety of our customers, their pets and our team is our number one priority during this challenging time. As your partner in caring for the health and well-being of your pets, we feel that it is important to share key information, and actions we’re taking in the current circumstances.
Access to pet essentials
We are working closely with suppliers to make sure our stock levels remain high, so you can buy what you need, when you need it. If your brand is unavailable, our knowledgeable team will help you find the right alternative.
Health and safety of our customers and team
This week, we announced two new measures across Petbarn and Greencross Vets.
Zero Contact Click and Collect
In addition to our existing Click and Collect service, we are now providing a Zero Contact Click and Collect option for customers who would prefer not to enter the store. This is available across our national network of stores.
Minimal-contact pet care options at Greencross Vets
Greencross Vets have launched pet care options with minimal human contact. The minimal-contact vet offering allows pet parents the option of a telemedicine consultation, or to drop off and collect their pets outside the Greencross Vet clinics, and our Animal Emergency Centres and Referral Hospitals to reduce physical interaction and negate the need to enter the clinic.
Additional measures we’re taking in the interest of health and safety
- Zero Contact Home Delivery is now in place for all online home delivery orders, under the direction of Australia Post.
- Greencross Vets puppy classes are continuing with reduced class sizes, while Petbarn puppy classes have been paused to enable us to maintain our high level of customer service during this busy time.
- We prefer our customers to use contactless payment methods (EFTPOS) as a health measure.
- Dr Magdoline Awad, Chief Veterinary Officer Greencross Vets and Dr Ron Baker, General Manager Specialist & Emergency Centres are at the forefront of bringing you the latest essential information on what COVID-19 means for you and your pet. You can stay up-to-date with this information online
- And of course, our team are cleaning, washing and sanitising in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
At Petbarn, we believe that all pets deserve the chance to have a happy and healthy life with a loving family. During these difficult times, we acknowledge that animals are also affected and we are continuing to support our animal shelter partners through our adoption services. If you’re considering adopting a pet, visit one of our cat adoption centres in store, or find a dog to adopt here.
We’re here to help you care for your pets. Always. We’ll continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves. You can also stay up to date and learn more by visiting our website.
Chief Executive Officer Petbarn and Greencross Vets