Advance Terms and Conditions
Advance Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older who are registered Petbarn Friends for Life Club members or who sign up to become a Friends for Life Club member during the Promotion Period (but before making a Qualifying Purchase) and who have a valid phone number or email address associated with their membership (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this promotion, the participating outlets and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. "Associated companies" includes without limitation, the agents and contractors of the Promoter that are involved in: (a) the promotion or development of the promotion; and (b) the manufacturer or distribution of the Promoter's products.
3. By entering the promotion individuals represent that they are eligible to enter the promotion based on these Terms and Conditions.
4. The promotion commences at 12.01am AEST on 12/09/2016 & closes at 11.59pm AEDT on 31/10/2016 (“Promotion Period”).
5. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, purchase any one (1) or more ADVANCE® wet food product and one (1) or more ADVANCE® dry food product in one (1) transaction from a Petbarn store in Australia (including the online store available at www.petbarn.com.au) (“Qualifying Purchase”) and have their Friends for Life Club card scanned or provide their Friends for Life Club membership details at time of Qualifying Purchase.
6. One (1) entry into the Prize Draw (as defined in paragraph 9) will be automatically recorded for each Qualifying Purchase, up to a limit of one (1) entry per day and 15 entries per Eligible Entrant/Friends for Life Club membership during the Promotion Period.
7. Entrants can only enter the promotion in their own name, using their own Friends for Life Club membership.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries before a prize is awarded. If the items required by the Promoter are not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the entry(s) submitted by the entrant will be deemed invalid.
9. A random electronic prize draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEDT on 10/11/2016 at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141 (“Draw Location”) form all entries receive in the promotion (“Prize Draw”).
10. The first nine (9) valid Eligible Entrants drawn in the Prize Draw will each win a $2,000 Petbarn gift card (“Prize”). See gift card for expiry and terms and conditions of use. Prizes will be sent to each winner’s nominated postal address as confirmed by the respective winner.
11. The winners will be notified by phone and email and their name and postcode will be advertised in The Australian on 07/12/2016.
12. If any Prize remains unclaimed at 11.00am AEDT on 10/02/2017, a re-draw will be conducted at 12 noon AEDT on 10/02/2017 at the Draw Location from all remaining eligible entries received in the promotion, subject to any directions given by relevant lotteries or gaming authorities (“Re-Draw”). The Re-Draw winner/s (if any) will be notified in writing and by phone and advertised in The Australian on 09/03/2017.
13. Total prize pool is valued at AUD$18,000.
14. Eligible Entrants may win a limit of one (1) Prize in the promotion (“Prize Limit”). Prize Limit does not apply for residents of South Australia.
15. Each Prize must be taken as stated and may not be varied. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. As a condition of accepting a Prize, each Prize winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize providers in their absolute discretion.
17. If for whatever reason the specified Prize is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value subject to the directions by relevant lotteries or gaming authorities.
18. All costs associated or arising in connection with a Prize are the responsibility of the Prize winner.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax obligations which may arise for a Prize winner. The Promoter recommends that independent financial advice be sought.
20. The Promoter, the Promoter's related entities and all agencies associated with the promotion are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or participating in a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, liability is limited to the cost of replacing a Prize/benefit won.
21. If more than one person attempts to claim a Prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
23. Entrants' Personal Information may be disclosed to the Promoter’s contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions and/or any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or draw mechanism. By entering the promotion, entrant’s consent to the Promoter using their personal information to determine whether any tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process has occurred. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or draw mechanism.
25. A claim for a Prize by a participant will be subject to security and verification checks.
26. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or entries not received by the Promoter.
27. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available, or a participating store will be open, at all times during the Promotion Period. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical problems or other malfunctions which may occur in relation to internet, network or network congestion, including problems with the transmission of entries or injury or damage to a participant or their computer related to entry in this promotion. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database.
28. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by the relevant regulatory authorities), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
29. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. By entering the promotion, Prize winners agree to the use of their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
31. The Promoter is Mars Australia Pty Ltd trading as Mars Petcare Australia, ABN 48 008 454 313, 1 Petcare Place, Wodonga, VIC 3690 (“Promoter”). Authorised under Permit Numbers – NSW LTPS/16/05530, ACT TP 16/01361 & SA T16/1229.